Although there may be other correct answers, you have to choose one of the given.
11. What is the economic system in the United States?
- capitalist economy
- market economy
12. What is the ârule of lawâ?
- Everyone must follow the law.
- Leaders must obey the law.
- Government must obey the law.
- No one is above the law.
13. Name one branch or part of the government.
- the courts
14. What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
- checks and balances
- separation of powers
15. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
- the President
16. Who makes federal laws?
- Senate and House (of Representatives)
- (U.S. or national) legislature
17. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?
- the Senate and House of Representatives
18. How many U.S. Senators are there?
- one hundred (100)
19. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
- six (6)