Although there may be other correct answers, you have to choose one of the given.
71. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
- the Louisiana Territory
72. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1800s.
- War of 1812
- Mexican-American War
- Civil War
- Spanish-American War
73. Name the U.S. war between the North and the South.
- the Civil War
- the War between the States
74. Name one problem that led to the Civil War.
- economic reasons
- states’ rights
75. What was one important thing that Abraham Lincoln did?
- freed the slaves (Emancipation Proclamation)
- saved (or preserved) the Union
- led the United States during the Civil War
76. What did the Emancipation Proclamation do?
- freed the slaves
- freed slaves in the Confederacy
- freed slaves in the Confederate states
- freed slaves in most Southern states
77. What did Susan B. Anthony do?
- fought for women’s rights
- fought for civil rights
78. Name one war fought by the United States in the 1900s.
- World War I
- World War II
- Korean War
- Vietnam War
- Persian Gulf War
79. Who was President during World War I?
- Woodrow Wilson
80. Who was President during the Great Depression and World War II?
- Franklin Roosevelt