Although there may be other correct answers, you have to choose one of the given.
52. What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?
- the United States
- the flag
53. What is one promise you make when you become a United States citizen?
- give up loyalty to other countries
- defend the Constitution and laws of the United States
- obey the laws of the United States
- serve in the U.S. military (if needed)
- serve (do important work for) the nation (if needed)
- be loyal to the United States
54. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?
- eighteen (18) and older
55. What are two ways that Americans can participate in their democracy?
- join a political party
- help with a campaign
- join a civic group
- join a community group
- give an elected official your opinion on an issue
- call Senators and Representatives
- publicly support or oppose an issue or policy
- run for office
- write to a newspaper
56. When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
- April 15
57. When must all men register for the Selective Service?
- at age eighteen (18)
- between eighteen (18) and twenty-six (26)
58. What is one reason colonists came to America?
- political liberty
- religious freedom
- economic opportunity
- practice their religion
- escape persecution
59. Who lived in America before the Europeans arrived?
- American Indians
- Native Americans
60. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
- people from Africa