Although there may be other correct answers, you have to choose one of the given.
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
- the Constitution
2. What does the Constitution do?
- sets up the government
- defines the government
- protects basic rights of Americans
3. The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these words?
- We the People
4. What is an amendment?
- a change to the Constitution
- an addition to the Constitution
5. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?
- the Bill of Rights
6. What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?
- petition the government
7. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
- Twenty-seven (27)
8. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
- announced our independence from Great Britain
- declared our independence from Great Britain
- said that the United States is free from Great Britain
9. What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?
- pursuit of happiness
10. What is freedom of religion?
- You can practice any religion, or not practice a religion.